Visit InformationEverything you need to get started at Body In Balance PT.
We remain open for business and is actively monitoring the ever-evolving COVID-19 pandemic. Our clinic has been closely following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and local health authorities to ensure the safety of our patients, staff, and providers. Out of an abundance of caution, the following changes have been implemented to minimize unnecessary exposure:
- We are going above and beyond throughout the day in wiping down ALL touch points with disinfectants made to kill the Coronavirus. Our staff is continuously engaged with personal hygiene practices as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control. Our providers are wearing face coverings for all patient encounters.
- Our lobby has been reconfigured to allow for additional spacing between patients in accordance with social distancing recommendations. As an extra layer of security, we have removed all magazines and children’s toys from our lobby to further minimize unnecessary surface contact.
- Our providers and staff are all self-monitoring their temperatures daily.
- We are now offering Telemedicine Appointments. Our Front Desk staff will assist you with determining if the appointment you require qualifies for a Telemedicine visit.
When arriving for your appointment, we asks our patients to observe the following guidelines
- Each patient will be allowed only one support person aged 16 and above, to accompany them to their appointment. This allows us to minimize the number of people waiting in our lobby in support of our social distancing efforts.
- Patients will be asked to wear a face covering and sanitize their hands when checking in for their appointment.
- Patients who are scheduled for an appointment but are experiencing a cough, fever, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing, do not enter the clinic. Please call our office to reschedule your appointment or be set up with a Telemedicine visit.
- If you have traveled or have been exposed to someone who has traveled in the past 14 days, please be advised that you will need to reschedule your appointment. Please call our office to reschedule or to see if your appointment qualifies for a Telemedicine visit.
Prior to your first visit
Upon scheduling your first appointment we will gather your insurance information and check your outpatient physical therapy benefits. We check your insurance benefits as a courtesy. Please note: this is not a guarantee of benefits. We are contracted with most insurance companies, although this is only an estimate of what they may pay. Most insurance companies require a physician’s referral for outpatient physical therapy coverage.
We will also need you to fill out a New Patient paperwork packet. You may do so by clicking on the links below. If you chose to fill the paperwork out in our office please arrive 20 minutes early.
Things to bring to your first visit
Please have your insurance card and photo ID with you.
If you have a provider’s written referral please bring that as well. If we are going to bill an auto insurance or workers compensation claim please bring your claim information. We will also need a list of any medications you may be taking.
Please wear a pair of shorts or sweatpants, a T-shirt and sneakers.
If we are addressing orthotic or foot issues, please bring a pair of shoes with removable foot beds.
What to expect during your visits
During your first visit a 40-minute initial evaluation will be performed to determine your personalized treatment plan towards recovery.
The frequency and duration of your physical therapy visits may vary depending on the plan of care you and your therapist agree upon during your initial evaluation. Most sessions will last 40 minutes in length.
Make an appointment
642 S Alaska St. #209
Palmer, AK 99645
Phone: (907) 746-0722
Fax: (907) 746-0732
Did you know?
Among older adults with knee osteoarthritis, engaging in moderate physical activity at least 3 times/week can reduce the risk of arthritis-related disability by 47%.
Meet the BIB team
We're dedicated to continuing education, leadership, and providing cost effective rehabilitation to our community. Stop by and say hello!
Three brands, one vision. Visit us in Downtown Palmer!
Opened in 2008, AKtive Soles Performance Footwear is our retail space and shoe store, dedicated to enabling customers to engage in a physically active lifestyle in comfort.
AKtive Body Gym & Fitness is our gym and training facility, open 7 days a week and offering open gym with cardio and weight equipment, group fitness classes and personal training.